Saturday 17 December 2011

Films I have not seen this year (shame on me)


I love going to the cinema, but there have been a few films I have missed out on this year. Mainly for being too girly for my friends. And probably because I used up four of those times seeing the final Harry Potter film (it's the last one damn you!).

Have you seen any of these?

Bridesmaids

Bridesmaids-Movie
Source: teaser-trailer.com

I really wanted to see this as it looked so funny. If I saw my mum more just the two of us, I would have seen it with her. She dragged my dad to see it and he wasn't impressed, lol. I love comedy films and there aren't enough good ones where all the main characters are female. 

One Day 

MV5BMTQ3NTg2MDI3NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjc5MTA1NA@@._V1_SY317_CR0,0,214,317_AL_
Source: imdb.com

I think apart from no one wanting to see this with me, the reason I did not see this was because I know how it ends and it is not particularly cheerful. I read the book and really liked it until the end where I got angry at the author. 

But I would be interested to see how they handled the timescale of the story in the film in terms of fashion and how the actors age. I heard the film was not that great though. Any thoughts?

The Help

MV5BMTM5OTMyMjIxOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzU4MjIwNQ@@._V1_SX640_SY720_
Source: upcomingmovies.com

I had the book in my hands I read the first couple of pages but I lent the book to my teenage cousin because she said it looked good and she doesn't read too much. I like to know that young people are still reading so I do my part in encouraging it. 

I'm really interested to see the film because I won't be getting the book back for a while because I think my mum has it now and she doesn't live in the UK. It looks like an interesting story and I really want to see how Emma Stone does in her role since all I've seen her in are comedies. 

My week with Marilyn 

MV5BMTYzODYwOTIzOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODE2NjAwNw@@._V1_SX640_SY720_
Source: flicksandbits.com


I know this is still in the cinema but I doubt I'll get to see it before it comes out on DVD. Being a lover of old black and white films and an owner of Some Like It Hot (if you are a comedy or marilyn fan, you MUST see this), I want to see how they portray Marilyn in this film. Can't really put it into words why exactly but I just really want to see this film. Have you seen it yet? What did you think of it?

How has 2011 been for the cinema do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment