Thursday 20 September 2012

Top picks: week 22

A few things I've been staring at in wonder this week.

top picks22

For someone who loves colour, I seem to be picking a lot of muted colours recently. My mum would be proud! Firstly a couple of lovely pieces of knitwear - I don't know which one I like more as they're at opposite ends of the chic/slightly childish spectrum. 

I remember seeing this Zara shirt in store and being on the fence about it. I like the slightly mexican skull feel of the print but I'm not entirely sure if it's "me". I definitely admire it's beautiful print though. And jumping on the whole gothic lace trend, how pretty is this Dorothy Perkins shirt? Being a bit of an old lady at heart, I have to say, "ooh, I wonder what the material will feel like in person.." The intricate patterns on these lace effect collars are also gorgeous. I would wear the black one with a button up shirt for work. 

The simplicity of both this horse ring and skull earrings are calling to me. So chic! Also on the accessory front, I feel that I need a new purse. I'm bored of my patent nude New Look one and have had it two years so feel like it's time for something new. This River Island design is a classic one in their shops and is one I've been coveting for a few years now. I think it was just the price tag that put me off. 

And finally, I'm a big fan of comfy t-shirts, especially ones with skulls so this Zara one is a winner. Plus it's made up of stars. Love it. 

What have you been coveting this week?

8 comments:

  1. I love the burgundy and the fox jumpers! xo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute pics, I love the little fox jumper -too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Dorothy Perkins blouse is lovely, I may have to get that on payday!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dorothy Perkins is having 30% off everything at the mo! I'm going to get a couple of jumpers I think :) x

      Delete