Wednesday 4 April 2012

Inspiration!

Why is it that inspiration strikes at the wrong time for me? When I didn't work, inspiration struck whenever I laid my head down to sleep at night. Now, I get ideas at work where I can't put them into action until I get home. And by the time I get home I'm too tired to do anything particularly useful. So, there's the problem, now how do I fix it?

286189751290061246_24cZVgTr_f

I think the trick is finding a way to inspire yourself when you're feeling the opposite. Surround yourself with inspiration. Ask yourself what inspires you and put it all in once place, maybe a notebook, so you can flip through whenever you want to get something done. You could do it with anything that needs work to get done. 

195414071300873162_CRqvlR9t_f

For me, it's a combination of my blog and my two online shops that I need to work on more. So I want to gather together things to inspire me. I'm a very visual person, so my inspiration notebook will be filled with photos of fashion, craft rooms etc, articles about successful businesses and inspiring quotes. 

149674387585386175_RQpX0lkM_f

More of a digital person? Do it online. Pinterest looks like a great way to gather inspiring things together in one place. I just got my invitation today after a few weeks of being on the waiting list so I can't wait to get started. We'll see how it goes.

What inspires you? How do you inspire yourself when you feel lazy?


No comments:

Post a Comment