When we have done something for the day, it's been something a bit different. Anyone can go to the local Italian or see 50 shades of grey at the cinema with their girl mates - my favourite Valentines day of ours was when we did laser-quest. So fun! And no crowds.
Whether you celebrate or not, I'm not going to push my opinion on anyone. It's not for me to tell you what to do. As with any holiday there are positives and negatives.
- Awesome deals like this lot from Waitrose for only £20.
- Singletons (and coupled up people) celebrating Galentine's Day. I'm liking this trend! Valentines should not be restricted to coupled up people.
- Cards that are well done
- Not being able to go out on the night due to overcrowding and set menus (ironic considering the above post).
- The release of terrible Valentines films *cough 50 shades *cough
- So expensive - everything!
Watching people try to outdo each other on social media. "Isn't my other half better than yours?" etc etc. Smug is not pretty.
Nor is this
And it can't go without saying; cards like this:
Personally they make me cringe.
But either way, all I can say is
And for all you lovers out there
Happy Valentines Day