Friday 12 December 2014

Gingerbread house

DSC03047

This was initially going to be a how to post but then I remembered that I can't bake. It was about the time that I realised that I had mixed the ingredients in completely the wrong order. Top tip: read recipe in full before beginning.

Since I can't show you how, I urge you to check out this how to. For now you can join me in laughing at my efforts.

DSC03031

DSC03033

DSC03037

It started off well, until I started opening up the ingredients. Then it turned into this...

IMG_0511

It next continued into a misadventure of mess, mixing the ingredients incorrectly, dough that wouldn't stay together and finally a roof that got a bit burned. I'm no Nigella it appears. At least in the baking department. 

DSC03042

Luckily I don't think it turned out too badly in the end. Though it does look like a child made it. I'm happy to cross it as a task done off my 30 before 30 list though. 

DSC03043

DSC03044

DSC03046


DSC03050

DSC03051

It didn't fall to pieces which I did think would happen during the process but it all worked out well in the end. The only thing I can say is that it will definitely be better next year!

That and don't try to pour treacle. 

IMG_0506
Have you ever attempted making a gingerbread house?

No comments:

Post a Comment