Friday 27 June 2014

30 before 30

Yesterday I turned 26. Still in the mid twenties so nothing to write home about. I couldn't get the day of work so I had to endure that but I had the joy of being fed by Topher when I arrived home. I'm properly celebrating tomorrow with a day trip to London and to visit lady Dinah's cat cafe (so excited!).

So what do I do when I reach a birthday or a new year? I make a list. Today it's a big one. 30 things to do before I'm 30. I've permanently borrowed a couple of things from my 25 before 25 list that I didn't accomplish for this list. I just don't think that a year is enough to complete this many goals so I've given myself four. I think that's a lot more realistic. Check me out being all "grown up".


IMG_5079
Nothing to do with the post - just thought I'd brighten your day!

30 before 30

1. Ride a horse

2. Buy a house

3. Visit Iceland

4. Make a gingerbread house

5. Get to my target weight and stay there

6. Make sushi

7. Go indoor skydiving

8. Make a scrapbook

9. Do a charity walk abroad

10. Drive across the USA

11. Successfully make all of my favourite Arab meals

12. Own a piece of Tatty Devine jewellery

13. Build a capsule wardrobe

14. Write an article for a magazine

15. Have a spa day

16. Own my own cats

17. Go to the recording of a tv show

18. Have my own walk in wardrobe/office

19. Make macaroons at home

20. Sort out my acne

21. Be in a happy place in my career - whatever it may turn out to be

22. Marry Topher

23. Go to a premier league football match

24. Sew a dress

25. Own something from Kate Spade

26. Sleep inside a treehouse

27. Go to Cadbury World

28. Finish the London to Brighton trek

29. Fill in my recipe book

30. He watch, she watch project - more info on this coming soon!


Are you doing a birthday milestone to do list? Link me up to yours, it's good to have someone behind you giving you a kick I find!

4 comments:

  1. What a sweet list. I've never done one of these type of lists, maybe I will...I saw something on another blog yesterday which was just a list of dishes/recipes that the blogger wanted to cook - dunno why but that really appealed to me, I suppose because it's manageable. My next BIG birthday is 45 and that's less than four years away, not sure I can quite manage a 45 before I'm 45, maybe I'd have to be grown up like you and start a 50 before 50 now, to have any chance of doing even half of the things.
    RayStitch on Essex Road is wonderful and does great classes, I'd recommend them for dress making....or, a nice easy pattern. (Sorry, have only just come to your blog so maybe you talk about sewing attempts elsewhere).
    I've yet to make macarons too, I want to but I feel like they'll be such a faff. My niece is really good at making them.
    Anyway, good luck with the list!
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I find having goals gives me something fun to aim for. Will definitely check out RayStitch :) good luck with whatever list you make! :) x

      Delete
  2. Happy birthday! Lovely list - I did a 25 before 25 post earlier this month and even that seemed daunting! Some of these are amazing - I didn't know such a thing as indoor skydiving existed, and sleeping inside a treehouse sounds wonderful :) love the ones about owning Kate Spade and Tatty Devine items, as those can be easily accomplished! And I'd love to start a recipe book too.

    Hope you manage to tick all of these off! You've got loads of time :)

    Tamsin xx | A Certain Adventure

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I always see those indoor skydiving places around in the UK & the US. It will be done - mainly cos I won't do the real thing! Good luck with your own list :) x

      Delete