Thursday 14 June 2012

Lets go on an adventure

This year one of my dreams is coming true. My parents just announced that for our family holiday this year, we're going to New Delhi, India! 


245235142179366848_45Xyi5tS_f

I'm so excited! I've always wanted to go to India. It's just going to be me and my parents as my brother doesn't want to go which is a shame but he's not a big travel fan so no point making him grumpy. Since we both went away to uni years ago, we don't always travel all four of us together anyway. I'm still excited!


One thing I'm looking forward to is just the sights and sounds of the city. I love how colourful India is with all rainbow of sari's, spice markets, transport etc. I'm not surprised why I studied it twice while I did art at college. 

105342078754395467_eAfv0N2x_f

I can't wait to start researching all the things to do and places to see. Travel has always been a major part of my life and I love going places I've never been. I'm definitely taking my good camera with me. That's going to be an amazing part, just taking photos and absorbing the atmosphere (I hear New Delhi is mental for being busy, especially on the roads). I've never been a lay on the beach getting a tan kind of girl.

Something I've already learned is that New Delhi has a metro. I had no idea. That'll be great since we're not renting a car as far as I know. I'm glad we're not because I think you get to see more of a place when you're not just driving around. This happened when I went to New York with my family (yes, I know we drove around in NYC! Mental). I saw so much more of the city when I went with uni because we were walking and taking taxis. 

Screen Shot 2012-06-14 at 19.59.54

Something I've always wanted to do and hope to do while we're there is ride an elephant. I've rode a camel and a donkey, but never a horse so I may as well carry on the tradition of riding unusual animals ha ha. I also want to go to the markets. I love markets and souks so it would be a dream come true to go to a real Indian one. 

Screen Shot 2012-06-14 at 19.55.45

Being a typical fashion enthusiast, I am already looking forward to picking out what clothes to take with me. Maxi skirts and dresses a go go I think. I really shouldn't be planning already since we're not going until October. 

I think we're also planning on travelling down to the Taj Mahal because how can you not? I doubt I'd go to India again so I can't leave without seeing it. Plus I need to do the cliche tourist pose where you hold the top of the palace with your hand, ha ha. 

If any of you have been lucky to have been before or know someone who has - I would really appreciate any tips or cool things to do or see in New Delhi. 

Where have you always dreamed of visiting?

2 comments:

  1. Wow this sounds really exciting, you're going to have an amazing time! x

    ReplyDelete