Thursday 31 May 2012

We're going to the zoo zoo zoo

So, I'll give you a quick warning, this post is photo heavy. A pick of the best photos from my trip to Chester zoo last Sunday:

DSC04314 - Version 2

Got a couple of stares for taking this photo but I thought it was cute. 

DSC04333
DSC04384

DSC04387

There is a butterfly house where you can actually walk among hundreds of butterflies. Very difficult to get photos but it was definitely worth it. 

DSC04398

DSC04404

DSC04412

This guy was playing peek-a-boo with us, then gave us a bit of a staring competition while he was chewing on something.

DSC04427

Doesn't he look like he's scowling? Ha ha, serious model poser giraffe. 

DSC04442

Meet Whitney, she was very kind to sit and let me take her picture while the rest of her friends went mental around her. 

DSC04473

Lemur's hugging! So cute!

DSC04485

I didn't realise this guy's eyes could move around independently of each other. Kinda freaky but very cool when I took a shot of him face on. 

DSC04489

DSC04501

This was worth the clicking for 6 or 7 mins trying to get the right shot of this bird chucking grapes in the air and catching them in his mouth. 

DSC04527


DSC04530

DSC04533

I love the colours of this snake!

DSC04539

Poser!

DSC04552

Isn't this the cutest ball of fluff you've ever seen?

DSC04553

DSC04559

DSC04623

DSC04636

This is the tiniest monkey ever!

DSC04644

DSC04647

I had a great day and this was the first time I'd been to a zoo since I was a child. Hope you like the photos. 

Have you ever been to the zoo?

6 comments:

  1. I love the zoo! I always end up visiting one in Summer. XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall have to make it more of a regular thing :) x

      Delete
  2. Oh. My. Gosssh. LOVE!
    I haven't been to the zoo in far too long - was literally just saying yesterday how I want to go soon. You got some amazing photo's! The lemur's and the one of the bird with the grapes are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go for it, it's a great day. Thanks! :) x

      Delete
  3. What great photos - I love the zoo but never got chance to visiting the Chester Zoo but heard great things about it. I too love butterfly houses - it's hard work at times trying to get a snap quick enough before they flutter off but some of the species they always have in those houses are really worth the battle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That photo of the lemurs is so cute, aww!
    I love visiting the zoo but I haven't been to one for a couple of years, much try and go again this summer!

    Gillian x
    elevatormusik.com

    ReplyDelete