Monday 15 September 2014

Dartmoor

DSC02087

One fine day (or slightly drizzly day) while we were down in Exeter, Topher and Emma's grandparents took us to Dartmoor. 

DSC02094
Emma and Luther

DSC02095
Topher and I

After the obligatory couple tourist shots, we decided to have a bit of childish fun. I've always been a fan of attempting to photograph movement - I even did an entire project about it during college where my friends happily volunteered to jump up and down for me - so I took the opportunity to get my friends to lunge at me wildly. 

DSC02098
Topher, the bird without wings

DSC02099
Luther the victim of a zombie chase. 

DSC02101
Emma the happy skipper. 

Not to be left out, I handed the camera to Emma...

DSC02102

I call this my crazy lady pulled  off stage pose - the only thing missing is the hook am I right? I think Topher and Emma's granddad definitely agrees!

DSC02116

After the childish antics (or in between I should say, we stopped to admire our surroundings. How gorgeous are these colours?

DSC02127

Aaand back to the childishness. I love this photo I took of Topher. We were trying to get a jumping shot but didn't notice the old ladies approaching. When I spotted them I told Topher to jump quickly and that is most likely why he has a look of terror on his face. Though I like to call this photo "man terrified of grannies". 

DSC02150
This hobbit looks completely at home doesn't he?

Then we visited Widecombe where I got this lovely shot of Topher and Emma's grandma using a banana like a gun. Classic!

DSC02182

 Not to mention my rather terrifying face while pretending to eat this giant ice cream. Mine! Not very flattering at all and that therefore proves that I have no shame in showing this to you!

DSC02186
Finally, we headed back to Dartmoor where we proceeded to have the coldest picnic ever. How very British of us! 

DSC02213
Considering I'm not much of an outdoor person, I had a great day! Are you a fan of the great outdoors?

No comments:

Post a Comment