Monday 10 March 2014

Jewellery workshop & Camden Passage

What a sunny day it was yesterday!

I was really looking forward to Ladybird Likes' wooden jewellery workshop after bagging myself a spot on Instagram. See, scrolling through there is a good use of my lunch break! 

The workshop was upstairs in Smug, a shop full of pretties down Camden Passage. I got to have a little mooch around while waiting for the class to begin. 

IMG_3785

IMG_3786

IMG_3787

Then it was time for the workshop to begin!

IMG_3781

Step by step, Zoe led us through the planning, painting, drilling and putting it all together stages to make a unique necklace that we could take home. I'm not a stranger to jewellery making but I love learning new techniques and I've never worked with wood before so I was excited to see what you could create.

IMG_3782

IMG_3784

We were given a big choice of shapes to choose from and these were the ones I picked. I'm incredibly indecisive so I decided on a long pendant where I could feature as many different pieces as possible. 

IMG_3788

I pleased that I managed to reign myself in when picking colours. Remember Diane, you have to be able to actually wear this. Save the rainbow for something you can display on your wall! I wanted to pick all the patterns but this cloud print caught my eye. Doesn't it look like the walls of Andy's room in Toy Story?

IMG_3789

Drilled by Zoe's dad.

IMG_3790

My finished piece!

IMG_3794

I was so pleased with the result. Thank you Zoe for setting up this workshop! I had a blast :)

So with my new piece of jewellery tucked inside my bag, I set off to explore Camden Passage.

IMG_3800

IMG_3796

I really wish this shop was open when I came. I'll have to come back on a Saturday!

IMG_3797

This ice cream parlour looks amazing! Unfortunately there was a queue and I was short of time so I will have to venture back here this summer.

IMG_3798


IMG_3801

Slightly scary teddy bear...

IMG_3802

IMG_3803

What did you get up to this weekend?

2 comments:

  1. That's lovely, I've never worked with wood in jewellery either and you're so right about the Toy Storyesque pattern!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always fun learning new things. Thanks for stopping by :) x

      Delete